Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What time is it?!

So here's a good one...

I went to bed super early last night because I was tired and I knew I had to wake up early if I wanted to get my run in (which...duh...of course I wanted to get my run in!).

When I woke up I thought to myself: "hm, it doesn't feel like 6:30". 
I squinted at my clock and only looked at the minutes it said something:28. "Oh I guess it is almost 6:30, time to get up!" 
I hopped out of bed and went down the hall to the bathroom to brush my teeth. "Hm, that's weird, my roommate is up at 6:30".
As I'm brushing my teeth I remember that I never heard my alarm on my phone go off and I hustled back to my room to catch it before the annoying beeping started. But when I picked up my phone I saw that it was something:32 and my alarm hadn't gone off. "Well that's strange" I checked to make sure I had set my alarm. 6:30, still set.
Then I looked at my clock again...it was only 12:32!!!!!!!!

I got back in bed, slightly annoyed because I was ready to go for my run. Eventually I fell back to sleep and then I woke up again at 3:30 and was almost fooled again!!


Finally, I woke up at 6:30 and got ready to go for my run. My hips were really bothering me yesterday so I was little nervous about running today, but I stretched for a while before I headed out in hopes that would do the trick. I did the same route as Sunday's run (minus a little running because today was only 2 miles instead of 2.5). Here are my splits:

Mile 1: 16:00 (warm up)
Mile 2: 8:27
Mile 3: 9:03
Mile 4: 17:02 (cool down)
.05: 00:47

I got stuck at a few lights, but my warm up and cool down were super slow today...I'll have to work on that! I didn't do as good of job at pacing today and my legs felt kind of weak. That combination made for a less-than-stellar run, but oh well...there's always Thursday!

--Melissa

ps I stretched a lot after my run and my hips are feeling much better

No comments:

Post a Comment