Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rainy Run

Yesterday, it was beautiful, warm, and sunny. I should have gone for my run then! But I had a little too much fun on Friday night and decided that waiting til today for my run would be a better choice. Instead, yesterday I went to my cousin Connor's basketball game and got to spend a little time with my aunt Nancy. Then I ran some errands and did some homework. It's all about balance, remember!

This morning I took my time getting ready and checked the weather, I was happy to see that it said that the rain wouldn't start until 5pm. After stretching, I opened my front door to see that it was raining!!! I didn't even think twice, and headed out for my run. A little rain wasn't going to stop me!

I started with my usual warm up mile and discovered a fun fact: the walk from my house to MacGrady's (a bar, for you non-Bethlehem readers) is only .4 miles! I felt kind of silly for all those times when we whine about walking home (maybe it's because of our heels!).

Roomies' feet!
My plan for today was to find the running path across the bridge by the river. I was glad to find that if I walk a short route to the bridge and across, it's just under 1 mile. I finished off my warm up mile on the trail and then started to run!

Originally, I didn't really feel like going for my run today, maybe it was because I went out again last night...oops! Or maybe it was because of the rain. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I talked myself into actually going for my run because my legs felt great today! I was only scheduled for 2.5 miles today, but it's still the longest distance I've ran since my injury and boy did it feel good! So good in fact that I ran an extra tenth of a mile by accident. Here are my splits:

Mile 1: 15:51 (warm up)
Mile 2: 8:55
Mile 3: 8:55
Mile 4: 12:09 (I'm not 100% sure but I think the .6 that I ran took about 5:32 and the .4 that I walked for cool down took about 6:37)
.53: 8:36 (cool down)
For a total of 4.53 miles in 54:28.

I was thrilled that miles 2 and 3 running were exactly the same pace! It felt comfortable too and I definitely could have kept going (maybe not for 13.1 miles, but for a little while at least). Despite the rain, I would say today's run was a success and I definitely liked running on the path and will be doing that again. I have a 2 miler scheduled for Tuesday, and a 1 miler on Thursday. I'll write back with recaps, have a great week!

--Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment