Monday, January 11, 2010

New Toys!

Yesterday, Vic and I went to Bryn Mawr Running Company (aka FAO Schwartz for runners). We spent such a long time there, we practically closed the store! The people who work there were so awesome and helped us find shoes that were best for us. We each ended up getting new running shoes. I wore mine this morning to physical therapy and I am in love! I can't wait to wear them on my run tomorrow (more on that in a bit).


You can see my old kicks in the background, and my spinning shoes

 

<3

Vic's shoes are beyond cool too. Next, we looked at Garmin Forerunners for a while. We debated over a few different models, but ended up getting the more economical FR60 since we aren't exactly hardcore runners. 
 
 
Ignore the poor quality, but isn't he beautiful!?!?!
 
I can NOT wait to use this baby tomorrow! Anyway, the plan for tomorrow's run (per my physical therapist's instructions) is to streeeeeetttttcccccchhhhhhhh a ridiculous amount first. Then I'm going to walk a mile. Then I'm going RUN a mile (and when I say run I really mean slow jog because this is just a "test run"). Next, I'll cool down with another mile walk and then once home again I'll stretch again. Even though I'm sure I'll be freezing, I'll ice my IT band. I am so so so excited to be running for the first time in almost 2 months! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!  

--Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment