Saturday, January 23, 2010

Balance

Wow! We've raised over $10,000 in a little more than 1 week! How incredible!! I can't thank you enough for all of your support!

Getting back to school the first week was tough. I had to try to figure out a good balance of all the new things I have going on: my Lehigh class, my CPA review class, work, training, and fun!

Study, study, study

Run, run, run

Play!

Dad taught me the importance of this balance. Anyone who knew Dad knew that he ALWAYS made time for fun! Even if it was the middle of busy season, he somehow found a way to fit in a game of poker. And when the weather got warmer, even though he was far from a morning person, Dad made time for a round of golf at the crack of dawn. Dad worked hard, but he also played hard. I like to think that I've got this balance down pretty well!

I also have found balance in my training program. I think that the reason I got injured in the fall in the first place is because I was running so much--both in distance and in frequency. I think it's good for me mentally and physically to not run on consecutive days. Mixing up my workouts with biking and strength training has been a great change of pace. Hopefully I can fit in a Pilates class too at some point!

Today is my rest day of the week, and then tomorrow I have a run scheduled. (Crossing my fingers for good weather.) With all this talk of balance, I should probably go study! 

--Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment