Saturday, January 16, 2010

LifeSaver!

I'm back at school for my last semester! So crazy! It was so nice out and I would have liked to run today instead of our scheduled run for tomorrow, but I didn't have time because of unpacking, etc. It's supposed to rain later in the day tomorrow so I'll get up early and do my run. Anyway, Vic and I thought it would be nice to share some stories about dad, and Dad-isms. When we were little Dad always had Pep-O-Mint Life Savers!

But, Dad was also a real life saver--literally! Once when visiting family in Michigan, we were all hanging out by a hotel pool. There was a mother with several children and she didn't notice when one of her kids went out too far and couldn't swim. Dad jumped out of his chair and into the pool with his wallet and shoes on! He saved this little boy's life. Dad was truly a hero on that day and everyday.

I hope that by participating with Team in Training we can be life savers too!

--Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment