Thursday, January 21, 2010

Brrr!!!!

Hi! I went for another early morning run today and it went much better than Tuesday's run! I woke up 15 minutes earlier than Tuesday and made sure to stretch before my run. The only problem with today's run was that it was FREEZING! When I walked outside this morning there was frost on all the cars. (I almost went back in to get my camera but decided that I might not want to leave my house again if I did that!)

brrr!!!
It was so cold that by the end of my run my face was numb! When I went inside my lips felt swollen, it was so strange! Let's hope for some warmer weather!

Anyway, once I got over the shock of the cold I headed on my way across the bridge to the north side. I forgot that right across the bridge there is a huge hill. Right now, I'm trying to avoid hills because of my hip. So instead I just ran back and forth across the bridge. (Don't worry mom, there's a path!) It was a lot shorter than I thought it would be and I probably looked crazy running back and forth. When I finished my mile (that's all that was on the schedule for the day) I started to do my cool down mile. At mile 2.5 my hip was feeling good and my legs really wanted to run, so I decided to run again. I originally was going to do another half mile, but my hip started to hurt so I stopped after a quarter mile. Then I walked the rest of the way home and gave myself a decent (not great) stretch. Here are my splits:

Mile 1: 16:01
Mile 2: 8:29
Mile 3: 13:43
.5: 7:47

I got stuck at some lights again today, but my walks still seemed slow. I have a 2.5 mile run scheduled for the weekend. I'll probably do it Sunday and I'm both nervous and excited for it! I'll write back with how that goes after. Tomorrow I'm going to a spinning class for my cross training day (it was canceled on Wednesday) so that should be fun too! 

--Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment