Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Think You're Crazy - Just Like Me

Today I went on my first outdoor, long-run of our training program!


Yep - I know what you're thinking...I'm still not following the training schedule.  The weather today was way too nice to pass up an outdoor run.  So when Melissa left to head back to school, I got on all my gear - including heart rate monitor and Garmin FR60 - and hit the road!


I walked the first half mile up to our elementary school, and then ran down to the Staples on Montgomery Ave. in Narberth and back.


I had a new running playlist going - (song suggestions for working out always welcome!) - and literally started laughing out loud when Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" started playing.  This was one of Dad's favorite songs, and I could picture him singing (and dancing to embarrass Melissa and me) "I think you're crazy - just like me."  We all know that's what Dad would say to us taking on this challenge.


So - the first two miles of my outdoor training are done...only have to increase that by 655% in the next three months.  That thought popped into my head when I was starting my second mile, and I started to get a little overwhelmed!  I miss having my sister home to encourage me through these runs.  I'm excited we'll get to run the race together so we can keep one another motivated.  I'm also looking forward to running with Team In Training on the weekends starting at the end of January.


When I got back home I uploaded the stats from my Garmin watch to the computer - which was AWESOME.  It told me my max and average speeds, heart rate, calories burned, etc.


Can't wait for my next outdoor run!
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment