Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Tortoise and the Hare

We all know the story...slow and steady wins the race. I was so excited to go on my run this morning that I kind of forgot this rule.

Slow Down!

Once I get into my longer runs I doubt slowing down will be a problem, but I don't want to get in the habit of having 1 fast mile and then 1 slow mile. Ideally my mile splits will be somewhat uniform. Since my run today was only 2 miles pacing myself was kind of on the back burner, but I need to practice going at a steady pace. Here are my stats for today:

Mile 1: (warmup) 15:19
Mile 2: 8:36
Mile 3: 9:02
Mile 4: (cooldown) 15:50

I was shocked when I saw those splits because it was SO windy this morning and I certainly didn't feel like I was going fast. Even though it was just 2 miles, it was tough! 

Last week I bought myself a pair of gloves for running. They even have a cool pocket on the palm for your house key!
 
 
These were on clearance and I was really excited to not spend a fortune on these that I forgot to try them on. Oops! They were a little big, but served their purpose and my fingers stayed toasty warm. 
 
I'm off to go try and fix my computer so I can finally make myself a running mix!

--Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment