Saturday, January 9, 2010

Here Goes Nothing!

Well...unlike Melissa I have more of a hate/hate relationship with running...and until March 2009 when I was living in Puerto Rico for a rotation for work - and bathing suit season was *imminent and extended* - you couldn't pay me to get on a treadmill. Here I was - stranded on an island in the Caribbean, with no cardio equipment in sight - with the exception of a treadmill at the gym at work. Slowly I moved from a speed walker to a jogger, and I've kind of plateaued at that point.


I "ran" two races while living in PR - the 5K Race for the Cure in San Juan, and a Turkey Trot that was held at work - but nothing of the magnitude of adventure of which Melissa and I are about to embark!


I'm excited to chronicle our trials and tribulations with you. Our first "training" day kicks off this Tuesday! Melissa and I developed our own training plan, so that's more than a little scary. We'll post that up here as we progress.


I know this will be an uphill battle for my body to adjust to a regimented running routine...but I'm excited to be able to devote myself for the next four months to this cause and for Dad's memory.

--Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment