Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snurricane?!?!

Ok, so I know I promised to stop talking about this awful wintry weather...but there is going to be a snurricane this weekend! What is a snurricane you ask?? A snurricane (I just really like saying that word) is essentially a snow hurricane:"a storm that will deliver near hurricane-force wind gusts [with] blinding snow falling at the rate of over an inch per hour". Um...what?! I'm not usually one to freak out about the weather, but in this case I'm freaking! Not because I'm nervous about it (well maybe I am a little...hurricane force winds?!) but because I'm going to be stuck doing my runs inside! (Mom, try not to panic!)

This morning I woke up to rain. I thought about doing my 5 miles outside, but decided to stick to the treadmill since at 6:30 am I was still half asleep and didn't want to have to worry about deciding where to run or pacing myself. I trekked to the gym in the rain and was kind of beating myself up for ditching my outdoor run (I couldn't just switch to an outdoor run because I didn't have the proper gear on) but then it started sleeting and it hurt! So I made a good call on the gym this morning! I changed up my speed pretty frequently and I wasn't wearing my Garmin, so I'm not sure what my splits were exactly. I had the treadmill on a slight incline and ran 5.25 miles in 49:37, then I walked for the last 10+ minutes for a total of 6 miles. Not too shabby before 8 am!

If the weather is as bad as they say it's going to be it looks like I'll be inside for the rest of the week :(

I'll leave you with this little cartoon that I thought was funny:
Come on Spring!!!

--Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment