Friday, February 26, 2010

Frustrated

I am frustrated!

 

Why? Because my IT band is really bothering me! On Wednesday it was a little tight, but I went to my spinning class because I actually thought it would help to get my legs moving. On Thursday I woke up to go for my run, but I knew I was in too much pain to do it, so I decided to take a rest day and stretch a lot. I did all sorts of stretches, from calf strengthening to hip strengthening to your basic IT band stretch (stand with one foot over the other and push your hips to the side until you feel it in your outer torso, hip and upper thigh). I thought that would help but when I woke up this morning it was still just as sore! Argh! 

I had planned on doing my long run for the week today, but I think I need to wait. When I originally injured my IT band I ran through pain for at least a week (maybe even 2! So dumb!) and while it drives me crazy to take days off from training, I think it's what I need. I was going to do my 8 miles today and a shorter run on Sunday, instead I think I'll do the 8 miles on Sunday and cut the shorter run from my week. Hopefully my IT band is on board with this plan :-/ and hopefully I'll be posting on Sunday after a great, pain-free 8 miles!

--Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment