Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Memories

Due to the weather, I thought I'd start today's post with some snowy daddy memories. I have several, but I'll just tell a few stories. Here we go!

1. I remember one snow day we were sledding on a hill up the street from our house. There were 2 hills, one was much smaller than the other and I was perfectly content sledding down that hill over and over again. Dad, of course, was trying to convince me to go down the much bigger and scarier hill. I, of course, refused. Just before we were about to go inside, Dad somehow convinced me to conquer that giant hill. I ended up with my head in a huge pile of snow! ;)

2. One birthday when I was little (I think it was my 5th birthday), there was a huge snow storm. Our power went out late at night and our alarm was going crazy! Mom, Vic and I were all huddled under a blanket. Soon, it was Dad to the rescue! He got home from work (you know him...always working late) and took us to the Four Seasons hotel. In the morning there was a candle in my pancake! 

3. This one isn't so much a story, but Dad LOVED a good snow day. He was just like a kid-- excited to go play in the snow!

I can't say that I share Dad's enthusiasm with the snow. Sure it's fun for about 5 seconds, but after the initial thrill wears off I'm ready for the snow to be gone!
 
Last night as I was walking back from my night class, which by the way is approximately a 47 second walk away from my house, I realized just how COLD it was! I checked the weather when I got home (47 seconds later) and it said that the "feels like" temperature for the morning was 5 degrees! No way was I running in that! The sidewalks were still a bit icy in spots too, so I figured it would be safer to run on the treadmill. Our training plan for the day said 2 miles, TNT's training plan said 4. Since this was an inside run, I decided to go for the 4 miles and run at 1.0 incline. Here are today's splits (by the way, I made a mistake when typing up Sunday's splits and they are fixed now):
Mile 1: 9:49
Mile 2: 9:40
Mile 3: 9:31
Mile 4: 9:13
Mile 4-4.5: 10:00
Then I cooled down with a .5 mile walk.

After my run, I bundled back up and started to walk home. I was pretty bummed that I had decided to run inside because it was really sunny and a lot of the snow had melted! With all the snow that we are about to get I'll probably have to do Thursday's run inside too. Oh well, hopefully this weekend's run will be outside! 

--Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment