Sunday, February 7, 2010

Train Endure Achieve Matter

This week, as Melissa mentioned, we had our Kick-Off Party for Team In Training at The Great American Pub in Conshohocken.  While the event itself was underwhelming - it was mostly focused on fundraising and meeting teammates and coaches - it was very nice to see my sister, and we did get some cool paraphernalia including:


-  A Team In Training Bag
-  A Team In Training Training Shirt
-  A Team In Training Bracelet


I've added the bracelet to my wardrobe to go along with my other anti-cancer (is there such a thing as pro-cancer???)  jewelry:


Cancer Sucks Bracelet made by the Hahnemann Nurses for Dad (with a "P" for Phillies!)

TnT Bracelet



Whenever I'm feeling down I can just look down at my wrist to remind me of why I'm training so hard, and they also serve as a constant memory of Dad.


Today I ran another long run, this time on my own, and sadly in the gym because of the foot and a half of snow on the ground.  Our Team In Training run at Kelly Drive was canceled due to the weather - which was a bit of surprise because they claimed to never ever cancel a practice no matter what!  Anyway, it was nice to be able to sleep in.  Unfortunately I forgot my iPod - but that's a much better mistake to make on week 4 of training than to make further down the line when we're running for hours at a time!


Hopefully next week we'll get a warmer, outdoor run with the team.
--Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment