Sunday, February 28, 2010

A List!

I had an utterly amazing run this morning at Valley Forge.  The ice patches were scarce - finally - and I ran with two teammates who really kept me going and motivated throughout the entire 7.84 miles!


I'm so excited to be able to say I've run (more than) half of a half marathon, and just felt like I could do anything after completing this morning's run.


Unfortunately, by 2 PM I really hit a wall.  I had a splitting headache and my whole body was/is achy all over.  


I've put together a list of my top 10 lessons learned and musings from today.


1.  Hydrate hydrate hydrate - before, during, and after
2.  Running with others is so motivating - my teammates and I kept one another going the few times we felt like quitting, and it was so nice to have others to help me keep my pace
3.  Running while it's snowing is not so bad - at least you don't overheat...and it's so pretty!
4.  Orange slices are a great mid-race snack - they really rejuvenated me for the 2nd half of the run.  I think I was smiling from miles 3.5-5 from ear to ear thanks to that little orange at the TnT water stop :)
5.  Stretch stretch stretch
6.  <3 my iPod
7.  I need to come up with a better, more specific meal plan for pre and post run
8.  There are seriously seven people in the world - I keep running into people that are somehow connected to Dad and our family.  It's unreal.
9.  I could never in a million years be doing this without Melissa's support (and nagging) for me to stick with the training plan - apparently doing 20 minutes of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD doesn't count as half marathon training...
10.  My sister and I really are going to accomplish this goal of finishing our first half marathon!

Next week Melissa will be home for spring break - so we get to run together!  I am so excited to have my frister (friend + sister) back!

Till next time -
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment