Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Too much technology

My Garmin has been giving me nothing but a headache! After Saturday's run I knew I had to recalibrate my watch. Last night, Vic and I headed to the high school track to do both our watches to make sure it was 100% accurate. However, it made my watch worse! After recalibrating, we hit the road for 4 more miles of running. I ran slightly further than Vic and it said that I was running a shorter distance (?!) it also said I was running a really, really slow pace. It was really frustrating! I called Garmin to see what's up today and the guy on the phone told me to try and manually calibrate my watch. It's based on a percentage and will take a lot of trial and error...ugh! But I'd rather it be accurate so tomorrow I'm going to head back to the track. I hope I don't feel too much like this:

Anyway, on a much brighter note the weather was so gorgeous last night that I got to run in my TNT training tee! It was so great running in short sleeves. The only problem was that I had no pockets for my iPod. So, today I went to the apple store and bought more technology! Hopefully this little guy won't give me any issues:

I love it already!

Today I went to the gym for a cross training workout. I planned on biking and strength training but my legs were feeling really tired and I decided to skip the biking. As I was leaving, I got a little freebie trial session on this new thing they have at the gym called a power plate.
At first glance I was skeptical, but since it was free (usually I think it costs like $30+) I decided to give it a shot. It's this vibrating plate thingy and you do regular moves on it. I started with squats, and for 30 seconds you do squats while the plate vibrates. The only difference between this and a regular squat (other than the vibrating) is that you lift your heels too. The power plate is used a lot for sports injuries...hello IT band! I told the demo guy about my injury and he had me do some hip moves next. Then just to check it out I did push ups and tricep dips on it. Oh my goodness...insane!

The whole shtick of the power plate is that it's supposed to give you a 2 hour work out in 30 minutes. I could definitely see how because it was really tough! Afterward, my hips felt SO loose! I don't think the guy was too psyched about giving a free session, otherwise I would have asked to stay on it longer!! It was awesome!

--Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment