Sunday, March 7, 2010

Impulse Shopping...

After a FABULOUS first run with my sister yesterday, I didn't think our running life could get more perfect.


Each week we're getting less and less sore after our increasing-mileage runs, and each week the thought of 13.1 miles (or 13.2 as Melissa recently pointed out  to me as the actual length of our course) is becoming less and less overwhelming.  We did NINE MILES YESTERDAY, made really good time, and had a blast doing it.  I'm so excited and proud of us for embarking on this journey!


So, as I was saying, I didn't think our running life could possibly get any better, until today's trip to - where else - Bryn Mawr Running Company.  If you haven't been there and you're a main liner/runner/running wanna-be, you absolutely must check it out.  After all of our raving about it, Melissa and I took Mom there today in search of new running shoes for her.  


Since I tend to be *slightly* impulsive in my shopping (I like to call it doing my part to support the economy), I said to Mom and Melissa when we walked in, that under no circumstances was I allowed to buy anything.  Shockingly enough, that didn't last very long, as Melissa pointed out that my running shoes - which I absolutely adore - are sold in HOT PINK!  Clearly I could not pass this opportunity up.  


So I'm now the proud owner of PINK Nike LunarGlide+, but I'm not sure if I'm going to save them for after the race, or start to break them in soon.  I'll have to make the judgement call in the next couple days - but now I'm just super excited.


Think Pink!
Victoria





PS - Mom also got new running shoes today so we at least accomplished that as well.

1 comment:

  1. Video Marketing Services - i-comm has been a leading provider of digital communications for more than 15 years, delivering cost-effective, high impact video marketing solutions across all business and media landscapes.

    ReplyDelete